On behalf of the men and women of the Shively Police Department, I would like to welcome you to our web site. The site is user friendly and offers a wide range of helpful information as well as the history of the City of Shively, KY.
We strive to offer the most efficient service to the citizens of this community in a professional and effective manner. The Shively Police Department has received accreditation through the Kentucky Association of Chief’s of Police and has maintained this high level of success since 1998.
Thank you for visiting and we look forward to serving the citizens and businesses of Shively on a daily basis.
Our mission is to provide safe and efficient service to the citizens of this community in a dedicated and professional manner.
TEAMWORK: We believe that effective policing is accomplished by police/community teamwork to identify problems and work together to reduce crime and fear of it.
RESPONSIBILITY: We have a responsibility to honor a commitment to involve citizens in all policing activities that impact their lives.
UNDERSTANDING: We shall enforce all laws and ordinances, affording respect and understanding to all persons, while safeguarding individual’s rights that are guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States.
SERVICE: We hold ourselves to maintain the highest degree of service, to obey all laws and ordinances and to serve as role models to our fellow officers and community.
TRADITION: We must constantly strive to maintain dignity and integrity, while establishing a tradition for the future members of the Shively Police Department to live by.
The Shively Police Department takes the health and well being of our citizens and visitors very seriously. We are taking measures to protect our employees as much as possible during this pandemic so that we can continue to provide services to the Shively community.
With the health of our employees in mind, the Shively Police Department is making the following modifications to our responses and public access to our facilities:
Shively Police Station:
- Persons needing to conduct business at the Police/Fire headquarters can do so through a speaker box located at our front door. We will limit access to the building to absolutely necessary situations and only after a temperature screening has been conducted. In most cases, your issue can be handled by calling the station at 502-448-6181 as opposed to coming in person.
- Persons needing copies of reports should utilize buycrimes.com for criminal reports and buycrash.com for vehicle accident reports. Reports will not be available for pick up at the station until further notice. If you have questions or need information about your report, please call 502-448-6181.
- Persons wishing to have open records request filled, please email Staff Sergeant Vittitoe, email@example.com Please be specific on the nature of the request and include dates and times where applicable.
- Persons needing a towed vehicle released can do so by using the speaker box at the station’s front door.
Shively Police will be modifying our response to the following calls for service:
- Non-injury vehicle accidents – Operators are encouraged to move the vehicles out of the roadway, exchange information, while maintaing social distancing as much as possible, take pictures of all involved vehicles and use the Kentucky State Police self-reporting website at kentuckystatepolice.org under the resources tab, select “File a Collision Report” then click on “Create Civilian Traffic Collision Report”.
- Non-injury vehicle accidents on private property – Operators are to exchange information, while maintaing social distancing as much as possible, take pictures of all involved vehicles and use the Kentucky State Police self-reporting website at kentuckystatepolice.org under the resources tab, select “File a Collision Report” then click on “Create Civilian Traffic Collision Report”.
- Call the Shively Police station at 502-448-6181 to speak to an officer over the phone for:
- Criminal reports
- General criminal information.
- Calls for service that are of a non-violent nature and are not “in-progress” will be evaluated on a case by case basis to determine if an in-person response is needed or if the matter can be handled over the phone with an officer calling you back.
We thank your for your understanding and cooperation during this difficult time. Once the Federal and State officials have determined that the risk of exposure has ended, we will resume our normal practices and procedures.
The Shively Police Department is a Home Rule Agency as defined by KRS 95.450