Sgt. Eric Edbrooke
The Shively Police Department is deeply saddened to inform you that Sgt. Eric Edbrooke passed away today. As many of you may know, Eric was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer in June of 2021. Through several rounds of chemo treatment and visits with doctors, Sgt. Edbrooke did everything he could to overcome his diagnosis. Although this was extremely difficult for him and his family, Eric always stayed positive and upbeat about his condition. While we are saddened by this loss, we find comfort in him no longer having to suffer. Additional details about his arrangements will be released as they become available. Sgt. Edbrooke, you will be missed and never forgotten. Rest in peace brother.
HIRING NEW & LATERAL OFFICERS
Applications can be picked up at:
– Shively City Hall (3920 Dixie Highway)
– Shively Police Website (CLICK HERE)
CLICK HERE for Open Records Information
Shively Police Station:
- Persons needing copies of reports should utilize buycrimes.com for criminal reports and buycrash.com for vehicle accident reports. Reports will not be available for pick up at the station until further notice. If you have questions or need information about your report, please call 502-448-6181.
- Persons wishing to have open records request filled, please an email to, firstname.lastname@example.org Please be specific on the nature of the request and include dates and times where applicable.
Shively Police Department
The City of Shively was incorporated in 1938 and is located in Jefferson County, Kentucky. We are an independent, urban, third class city within the greater Louisville Metropolitan area. Our population is approximately 16,000 citizens and our city is approximately 4.6 square miles in geographic size.
The Police Department consists of 34 sworn and 6 civilian employees. We maintain 24-hour patrol coverage, our own 911/dispatch center, criminal investigations, special investigations units, canines, and a traffic unit.
Our mission is to provide safe and efficient service to the citizens of this community in a dedicated and professional manner.
Statement of Values
- TEAMWORK: We believe that effective policing is accomplished by police/community teamwork to identify problems and work together to reduce crime and fear of it.
- RESPONSIBILITY: We have a responsibility to honor a commitment to involve citizens in all policing activities that impact their lives.
- UNDERSTANDING: We shall enforce all laws and ordinances, affording respect and understanding to all persons, while safeguarding individual’s rights that are guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States.
- SERVICE: We hold ourselves to maintain the highest degree of service, to obey all laws and ordinances and to serve as role models to our fellow officers and community.
- TRADITION: We must constantly strive to maintain dignity and integrity, while establishing a tradition for the future members of the Shively Police Department to live by.
Shively Police Department
Shively Police TIP Line
Shively Fire Department
Shively City Hall
Poison Control Center
Child Abuse Hotline
1800 Park Rd, Louisville, KY